Elkins Station — Located at what is now the intersection of Old Dominion Drive and Georgetown Pike, Elkins Station served the Forestville area, allowing farmers a way to transport their goods to Washington, DC, and bringing tourists to scenic Great Falls Park.

The train ran along what is currently Old Dominion Drive, from 1904 to 1934. The community of Elkins was officially removed from maps in 1941 because of its low population—6 people. — (From the 1993 GFHS Calendar.)